The Living Coast Undersea Experience is an interactive, virtual reality & 360 experience, enabling users to explore the underwater environment of the Beachy Head West Marine Conservation Zone (running between Brighton Marina & Beachy Head).
The pilot tour is underway, with few dates coming up over the Easter holidays, in venues along the Marine Conservation Coastline & beyond:
- 6th & 7th April, Plymouth at the National Marine Aquarium
- 15th April in Newhaven, at Denton Island Community Centre. Tickets in 20 minute slots from 9.30-5pm available on Eventbrite & HERE
- 16th April, Seaford at St James Trust, 12noon – 7pm. Tickets in 20 minute slots, available on Eventbrite & HERE
- 17th April at Seven Sisters, Sussex Wildlife Trust’s Barn, 10.30AM – 4PM. Tickets for the Experience & a range of activities, in 45 minute slots on Eventbrite HERE
- 18th May, East Brighton Community Centre Library for Our Place, Brighton Festival, times tbc
- 25th May, Hangleton Community Centre for Our Place, Brighton Festival, times tbc
Volunteering opportunities, more here…
Below is the latest snippet of the Experience from Simon at C!RCA69:
Version One of The Living Coast Undersea Experience launched at The Old Market for Brighton Digital Festival in October 2018, with some great feedback. Further development is underway & a pilot tour will begin early 2019. Read more from our partner, The Living Coast, HERE:
Here’s a sneak peak of version one:
The Experience will:
- Open up one of the UK’s most unique marine environments to everyone, without getting wet!
- Raise awareness of the Marine Conservation Zone on our doorstep, which runs from Brighton Marina to Beachy Head & is home to one of the world’s only chalk reefs, with unique species of plant & animal life, & which only a fraction of people know about.
- Be a powerful kinaesthetic & educational experience to help people understand the environment & the things we can all do to help conserve it.
With your help we can make this ambitious & important project a reality.
If you are a community venue along the MCZ coastline, & are interested in presenting The Experience, we have funding for a pilot tour in spring & early summer 2019. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There are exciting & engaging sponsorship opportunities & the project needs patrons & funders to help develop subsequent touring opportunities for this amazing project across the Biosphere region to schools, community centres & venues. Please get in touch for further information: email@example.com
The Living Coast Undersea Experience is created by Simon Wilkinson of C!RCA69 & Karen Poley of KP Projects CIC; The Living Coast Brighton & Lewes Downs, UNESCO designated Biosphere Region; Sussex Inshore Fisheries & Conservation Authority (IFCA); & Sussex Wildlife Trust.