The Living Coast Undersea Experience is an interactive, virtual reality & 360 experience, enabling users to explore the underwater environment of the Beachy Head West Marine Conservation Zone (BHW MCZ), which runs between Brighton Marina & Beachy Head, without getting wet! Click on the image below to explore.
The 2019 pilot tour has been an amazing success. To date, the VR installation & 360 film have visited 18 venues, including community centres, visitor centres, arts venues, an aquarium, a museum, an outdoor event, three primary schools & a STEM event for secondary schools, over 28 days.
An incredible 2,455 people dived underwater with us & the feedback was overwhelmingly positive, with many inspired to change their behaviour to help conserve the marine environment. Find out what YOU can do
Have a look at this short film to see people’s reactions:
Mosaic of drawings
An amazing mosaic has been created to showcase 499 drawings made by our younger users. Click Here to explore
Going forward, we aim to continue developing education & interpretation materials, research into the project’s impact, & extending touring into local communities beyond the MCZ coastline & into the wider region across The Living Coast, South Downs National Park, Sussex Heritage Coast & the new MCZ, Beachy Head East.
Fundraising has started & we’re delighted to announce an award from The Chalk Cliff Trust has just been received to help us start on the next phase…
How you can get involved…
Please get in touch, info @kp-projects.co.uk if:
- You are a school, arts or community centre or venue, museum, visitor centre, festival or outdoor event along the Sussex coastline, in The Living Coast or South Downs National Park areas, & are interested in presenting TLC Undersea Experience, we are looking for partners for funding bids to continue touring in 2020 & beyond
- You are a primary school, we are looking to roll out TLC Undersea Experience as part of a modular, quest-learning programme piloted in 2019, to engage pupils with the local marine environment, marine life & conservational behaviours
- You are a secondary school, we are looking to run a inset day training & develop lesson plans around TLC Undersea Experience exploring a range of possible curricula areas from geography to technology & beyond
Other ways you can help:
- Give a donation, every little helps – https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/living-coast-undersea-experience
- Follow us on Instagram @kpprojectscic & Twitter @kpprojectscic & on Facebook /kpprojectscic & read a blog here
- Volunteering opportunities, more here…
- There are exciting & engaging sponsorship opportunities & the project needs patrons & funders to help develop subsequent touring opportunities for this amazing project across the Biosphere region to schools, community centres & venues. Please get in touch for further information: email@example.com
The Experience aims to:
- Open up one of the UK’s most unique marine environments to everyone, without getting wet!
- Raise awareness of the Marine Conservation Zone on our doorstep, which runs from Brighton Marina to Beachy Head & is home to one of the world’s only chalk reefs, with unique species of plant & animal life, & which only a fraction of people know about.
- Be a powerful kinaesthetic & educational experience to help people understand the environment & the things we can all do to help conserve it.
Have a closer look:
The Living Coast Undersea Experience is created by Simon Wilkinson of C!RCA69 & Karen Poley of KP Projects CIC; The Living Coast Brighton & Lewes Downs, UNESCO designated Biosphere Region; Sussex Inshore Fisheries & Conservation Authority (IFCA); & Sussex Wildlife Trust.