The Living Coast Undersea Experience is an interactive, virtual reality & 360 experience, enabling users to explore the underwater environment of the Beachy Head West Marine Conservation Zone (BHW MCZ), which runs between Brighton Marina & Beachy Head, without getting wet!
Scroll down for more info & a short film
Tour Dates 2023
TLC Undersea Experience 2023 tour is now completed. We visited 16 venues & 4 schools across Sussex presenting our unique VR project over 30 days Coming up next: a 2 year tour with Ouse Valley Climate Action. More info soon.
OVCA community partners interested in presenting TLCUE, Technical Specs HERE
More about The Living Coast Undersea Experience
The Living Coast Undersea Experience was created by internationally acclaimed digital artist, Simon Wilkinson & Karen Poley, KP Projects, in a partnership including The Living Coast UNESCO Biosphere Region, Sussex Inshore Fisheries & Conservation Authority (IFCA) & Sussex Wildlife Trust. More about how the idea evolved HERE
TLC Undersea Experience aims to:
- Open up one of the UK’s most unique marine environments to everyone
- Raise awareness of BHW MCZ, home to one of the world’s only chalk reefs, with unique species of plant & animal life, which only a fraction of people know about
- Be a powerful kinaesthetic & educational experience to help people understand the environment & the things we can all do to help conserve it
What people say about TLCUE:
Want to know more ?
Check out these two talks by experts on our local marine environment & the archaeology of the chalk cliffs: Sarah Ward, Living Seas Officer, Sussex Wildlife Trust & Lara Band, Discovery Programme Officer from CITiZAN
How can you help?
A few simple things you can do to help protect this unique environment, here…
How to get involved
- Volunteering opportunities from 2022, more here…
- There are exciting & engaging sponsorship opportunities & the project needs patrons & funders to help develop subsequent touring opportunities for this amazing project across the Biosphere region to schools, community centres & venues. Please get in touch for further information: email@example.com
Have a closer look this is short of the prototype experience, created in 2018:
The Living Coast Undersea Experience is created by Simon Wilkinson of C!RCA69 & Karen Poley of KP Projects CIC; in partnership with The Living Coast Brighton & Lewes Downs, UNESCO designated Biosphere Region; Sussex Inshore Fisheries & Conservation Authority (IFCA); & Sussex Wildlife Trust.