Privacy Notice – KP Projects CIC
This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and protect your personal data, our purposes for collecting and storing it and your rights as an individual.
1. Your legal rights under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right of rectification (to have any inaccuracies corrected)
- The right of erasure (to have your records deleted)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information about your rights is available on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at http://www.ico.org.uk.
The Data Controller for KP Projects CIC is Karen Poley who can be contacted at email@example.com . If you have a concern about the way that we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance.
2. The type of information we collect:
- Customer information: for example names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers
- Staff and volunteer information: names, email address, phone numbers and emergency contact details. Personal information such as age, gender, disability etc.
- Client and partner contact information: names, email addresses, phone numbers
- Monitoring information: this can include collecting information about protected characteristics as defined by the Equalities Act such as age, gender, ethnicity etc
- Permission forms: for a child or vulnerable adult to be photographed or filmed for a project
3. How we collect personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Via 3rd party websites such as Mailchimp or Eventbrite for the purpose of buying tickets or subscribing to newsletters
- Because you have applied to us for work or volunteering roles
- Because you have contacted KP Projects for business purposes
- Because you have voluntarily completed a monitoring form
- Because you have voluntarily completed a photo or video permission form
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- manage your bookings for events
- share news with you
- work with you
- report on and document projects
We may also share aggregated and anonymised monitoring information with funders and partner organisations.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent
(b) We have a contractual obligation
(c) We have a legal obligation
(d) We have a legitimate interest
4. How we store your personal information
Data is stored on 3rd party sites such as Mailchimp and Eventbrite who have their own data protection policies and you can unsubscribe from these sites at any time.
Staff and volunteer information:
This data is stored electronically on a secure online server (Dropbox) and password protected. Periodic emails will be sent to volunteers to ask them if they are still interested in being part of the volunteer team for KP Projects CIC. Personal information is deleted when the project ends or when the volunteer requests to leave.
Client and partner information:
Business and professional enquiries and correspondence will be retained for business purposes as required. You can withdraw your permission for us to retain this data at any time.
We will retain paper copies in a secure place (****) and electronic records in a secure online server (Dropbox) and password protected until all project reporting is completed.
Photo and film permissions:
Your consent will be retained in a secure online server (Dropbox) and password protected for as long as we hold the related images.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
ROPA – Register of Processing Activity
KP Projects CIC 2022