Training & Work Experience Opportunity
The Living Coast Undersea Experience (TLCUE) is an interactive, virtual reality & 360 experience, enabling users to explore the underwater environment of the Beachy Head West, Marine Conservation Zone (MCZ) without getting wet!
The MCZ runs from Brighton Marina to Beachy Head, with Newhaven right in the centre. It’s home to one of the world’s few chalk reefs, with unique species of plant & animal life, including the Short Snouted Seahorse, but few people know about it!
TLCUE is a powerful, kinaesthetic & educational experience, a bit like diving, which helps people understand the environment & the kinds things we can all do to help conserve this & all natural environments. More info here – https://www.kp-projects.co.uk/the-living-coast-undersea-experience/
The Living Coast Undersea Experience is produced by KP Projects CIC, a not for profit, community arts organisation. We’ve secured funding to tour TLCUE to community venues & events across Sussex, work with teachers to develop lesson plans for schools, & run a Training & Work Experience Programme to help build our team to do this.
We’re looking for up to six, highly motivated & reliable, Newhaven based people (over 18s) to participate in our training & paid, work experience programme
- Two days of training in VR & 360 film technology, TLCUE event production & management, £20 per day for travel & subsistence
- Three days’ Work Experience at live events in Lewes, Seaford & Peacehaven, 2-3 trainees per day @ £10/hour x 8 hours + £20pppd travel/subsistence
- Free DBS check, worth approx. £60
- Potential for ongoing, intermittent freelance work with us afterwards
Trainees will develop confidence, new skills and work experience. You will learn about & experience setting up & running The Living Coast Undersea Experience (front of house, communications, marine environment & conservation information & two types of vr, HTC Vive & 360 film, the production & technical requirements of running events; & invoicing as a freelance worker) with opportunities for future paid work as part of a wider tour.
Training days – Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 August 2022 in Newhaven, times tbc
- Introductions to The Living Coast Biosphere Region & Beachy Head West & East Marine Conservation Zones & conservation issues linking the River Ouse & the marine envirnment
- Aims & objectives of TLCUE
- Outline of HTC Vive & 360 film technology; HTC Vive set up, troubleshooting & pack up
- Covid safety
- Event & presentation roles & role play
- Communications requirements outline
- Evaluation & Research
- HTC Vive live event day – unloading, set up & troubleshooting
- Covid safety
- Event presentation roles
- Open to the public in the afternoon or evening
- De-rig & get out
Work Experience – three additional HTC Vive & 360 film live events with new trainees:
- Monday 29 August (date to be confirmed) The Depot Cinema, Lewes linking into their environmental programmes
- Saturday 3 September @ SEA Climate Hub in Seaford, with the Seaford Environmental Alliance
- Saturday 24 September @ Peacehaven Townhall, with Climate Action event
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form, & use this same email if you have any queries.
We welcome applications from people of any race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, socio-economic background, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. We actively encourage those who are currently under-represented in the arts to apply